Retreat – That beautiful moment to rest, restore and reflect.
I love going on retreat, here are all my reasons….
1. Rest, switch off and reset your physical body and you mind, like switching off a computer
Defrag. Good nutrition, exercise and sleep and connection
2. Space to reflect and focus on how you are living, what to keep and what to throw, more of this and less of that. Have a meta view and make sure the way you are living aligns with the goals you have for this live, your purpose and values. Don’t get to the end with regret.
3. Move beyond the day to day into a deeper experience of yourself.
In yoga do you get a glimpse of a more profound sense of yourself? Get to know her better, she is your inner guide or mentor. She is not affected by the judgements of others and the shoulds of the world. Move beyond the roles you have to play, at home and at work, even with friends, mother, wife, daughter
4. Open yourself to new learning. Chakras, subtle energy bodies, yoga, sound healing, voice work, Balinese spirituality, the world of offering and gods illuminating the physical world.
5. Connect with your body through massage, exercise, yoga. Come to know your body better and what it needs so you can look after it better. The mind pushes the body away
6. Connect to the hive mind! Connect to like minded people on a similar journey of self discovery and healing , wanting to grow and empower themselves. Learn the truth of others experience, instead of your suppositions.
7. deep nature bathing to help you unwind and feed your soul
8. Strengthening of self esteem, self worth and self confidence, development of a compassionate self awareness so that you can reconnect to your own internal power
9. Release out of date road maps which are limiting your true potential so that you can be stronger, happier and more content with the uniqueness that is you.
10. Make sense of emotional challenges so that they no longer feel like minefields, but become easier to deal with
11. Learn relational skills, how to speak powerfully from your place, and listen deeply in order to create profound connection, warmth and intimacy
12. Long term benefits fo finding true direction, setting up healthy daily routines, learning how to look after your body mind and spirit and understanding yourself better, becoming a better friend to yourself and being able to relate to others more easily and warmly.
13. Professional guidance from mature, experienced experts in their fields.
14. All the planning is done for you! Pick up and accomodation.
15. Instead of just having another vacation where you indulge yourself, this is an opportunity for real lasting growth, change and empowerment.
16. Experience yourself in a powerful group that is non judgemental, where each person takes responsibility for themselves,
‘Truly one of the best gifts I have given myself.
The whole journey reminds me of a minefield. Before coming on this retreat I didn’t want to stand on a grenade, let alone go near the field. Now I want to walk into the field and jump, just to see what explodes and happens. By this I can explore how I am feeling, why this has an emotion, and how this can be processed for me and what I have to learn from it. Wow, Wow, Wow. Wonder,wonderful.’
Check out the different Retreat options
Bali Opening to Life Retreat May 4-11, 2019
Imagine sitting in a perfect Balinese garden complete with rice paddies and lotus flowers.
That is Melati Cottages. It’s a very relaxing place.
You can sip on a fresh coconut by the pool or walk up the path to yellow flower, the cafe with no walls, for delicious organic food. From here Mt Agung often peeks his head out. Or pop down to Alchemy for raw food and salads.
This is a magical part of Bali, walking distance into Ubud, rice paddy walks and sound healings. The energy is light and easy, some say from the offerings placed twice a day. It has become an international Mecca for yoga and healing.
Each day on retreat we follow a gentle schedule of early morning yoga followed by a slow tropical breakfast by the pool. Then we reform for a two hour group process based on Gestalt theory, to connect and drop into immediate experience. This is the personal growth opportunity, to explore yourself in connection with others.
After this the day is yours till 8pm.
If you want to join optional afternoon activities we have massage, water blessing and restaurant visits. If not, you can do your own thing and visit the beautiful region and Ubud with its myriad cafes and shops and beautiful walks.
Each evening we gather again in the wantilan for a sacred voice opening. We explore making sound together joyfully, ending with a quiet mantra practice to set every cell vibrating with intention.
You are in an enclave that is quiet and calm with a small, supported group. You will be invited into silence from 9pm till after morning yoga, and into a twice daily meditation practice as well as journaling. This is to create a quiet, receptive state for you to absorb the work.
We are so blessed to have Kathryn Riding teaching yoga at this retreat.
There are only a few places remaining and the early bird expires on Feb 4 so book early!
Stanthorpe Spacious Heart Weekend February 8-10, 2019
Are you frazzled by the pace of life?
Feel like you need more hours in the day to get everything done?
Sometimes the best thing you can do is to take time out and allow your system to reset so that you can return to work energised and alive.
Imagine prioritising and supporting yourself with this nourishing, boutique retreat so that you can step firmly into your own power and magnificence.
# Here you will Rest, Rejuvenate and Restore while connecting with a small group of amazing women.
# Build self confidence through voice opening and authentic expression
# Set up a solid morning practice of simple meditation and exercise which will support you to stay on track
# Connect deeply with others and the reality of their experience
# Express your creativity.
We will practice a deeply healing immersion in the quiet of nature, on a sixty acre property on the granite belt, in an old character Queenslander surrounded by beautiful granite boulders, birds and eucalyptus forest.
You will be invited to reconnect with your story and your voice on this weekend of authentic Gestalt group work, singing, voice opening, music, meditation and chakra clearing.
Each day will commence with meditation followed by gentle healing exercises, using the body and the voice to create equilibrium and harmonise the subtle energies of the body.
After a leisurely breakfast the group will form for a two hour meeting where you will be invited to bring the truth of who you are. It is a forum to express your realness, be held and affirmed, while also bearing witness to the reality of others. It is a deeply moving and precious time which will allow you to reach down into the core of what matters to you with the support of the group.
In the afternoons you will have free time for walking, writing, art, reflection and being with the stillness of the granite and eucalyptus forest
We will share magical evenings of music and creative expression after dinner. Bring your instruments!
When we come together in this way, a beautiful group energy emerges, you will find yourself in a community which values difference, supports individuality and understands your desire to grow.
Starting with dinner on Friday evening at six and ending with lunch on Sunday.
Cost $360, accomodation, food and all tuition included. Group limited to six
The property is a 2.5 hour drive from Brisbane.
Dormitory style accomodation and shared cooking.
Why Choose Us
Here is some more information about retreat
Who Needs Retreat?
If you have had recent life challenges which need to be processed, integrated and learned from so that you can move forward with wisdom. Eg Relationship breakdown, bereavement, career change
- Life is not satisfying you, there is a feeling of emptiness and lack despite clear physical sufficiency. You’ve drifted from your real purpose and values in life, feel as if you are drifting in a fog, find it difficult to connect with others and enjoy relationships.
- Unexplained Physical challenges eg Fatigue syndromes, chronic pain
- You know that you need to make big changes in life and just feel overwhelmed and unable to move forward. A sense of inertia in life instead of momentum
- You have a difficult relationship with your own body, overweight or underweight.
- Chronic stress from work life. Feeling there isn’t enough time in your day to self care, to reflect and observe the life you are leading.
- You feel unable to reach your full potential in life, you just know you are capable of more but somehow keep yourself stuck and the same limiting patterns repeat again and again.
- You are searching for new direction in life and need support to find the right path for you
- Difficulties dealing with other people, whether at home or at work
- Lack of intimacy in your life, lack of relationship despite longing for it.
- You feel you are lacking in personal strength and happiness, other people take advantage of you, you are unable to protect yourself in relationship
What you will find
Peaceful, quiet location in a beautiful, quiet natural environment
Excellent, healthy food
A small group of like minded people to journey with and learn from
Expert facilitation for mind, body and spiritual renewal and healing
Powerful yet gentle processes to support your growth and empowerment
A caring and safe container for deep renewal
A Non judgemental group where you will be invited to express yourself authentically and hear from others in a non blaming, non shaming way.
Gentle voice work to open your beautiful voice so that you can express yourself more clearly
Support for your own beautiful creativity to flourish
You will find your own beautiful self again in the company of other women, uncover the layers that have hidden the true you.
Meet Dr Leila
GP and Gestalt Therapist
I am passionate about supporting you through challenging life situations so that you can recover your own deep inner wisdom and power.
What People Are Saying
‘After the weekend retreat I felt more grounded and connected to myself, others and the environment. I also felt my energy and creativity levels increase. The location was spectacular and there was time to immerse myself in the surrounding bush. Thanks for a fantastic weekend.’
‘I arrived looking to find a place for myself; a retreat from the chaotic everyday busyness of being a mother and time-poor professional. The retreat allowed me time to connect with myself and others; to spend meaningful time working through my emotions and being mindful of my thoughts. It has been a valuable time to stop and remember to look after myself, and precious time away to rejuvenate.’
‘The last week was a beautiful combination of yoga, Gestalt group, bodywork, singing and chanting in a healing retreat setting in wondrous Bali.
At the end of this week I feel calm AND well stirred. Although difficult emotions were raised, there was true opportunity to work through these and embrace a version of myself that feels more whole.’